Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

Visa Information

All non-residents visitors require a valid passport to enter Canada. Visitors may also require other documentation, such as an entry visa. If you do not require a visa, please check this website for information about other requirements that may apply. For more information about entry visas, visit the Citizen and Immigration Canada website.

For a list of countries that require a visa to enter Canada, please click here. Please note that visas are now required for visitors from Mexico. Visa information and application forms in Spanish can be found at or by calling toll free to 01-800-CANADA-0 (01-800-226-2320).

We cannot emphasize enough the importance of applying ahead for your visa. The visa application process differs from one country to another and can take up to 3 months. To see how long your visa will take, click here. Should you need an official invitation, it will automatically be sent to you by email upon registration and payment confirmation.

A common visa required is a Temporary Resident Visa. Please click here for an application form and a video how-to guide.

All Canadian embassies and consulates around the world have been informed of WHEC2012and are expecting visa requests from registered delegates and exhibitors. Click here for a list of Canadian embassy offices.

US Citizens

Citizens of the United States travelling by land or sea between the United States, Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean are required to present a valid passport to enter or re-enter the United States. When returning to the U.S., please keep in mind duty exemption amounts. Every 30 days, returning U.S. citizens are allowed to bring back $800 (retail value) in merchandise duty-free, provided they have been out of the U.S. for 48 hours. If the length of the stay is less than 48 hours, $200 in merchandise may be taken back to the U.S. duty-free. For information on U.S. customs regulations, please visit